barkOutfitters is changing the way we brush our cats. The company looked at the competing brushes that reduce shedding by 30% and decided that it’s time to make something better. And the company designed their brush to remove up to 90% of shedding.
This means less loose hair making it on your:
Cats do clean themselves, but even with your cat’s efficient cleaning, they still won’t be able to remove as much fur as you do when you brush them.
barkOutfitters Cat Slicker Brush Specs
- Reduces shedding by 90%
- Stimulates circulation
- Increases coat shine
- Designed for small to large cats
- Ergonomic, soft grip handle
- One-click clean button
- 8″ x 13.8″ x 3.4″ dimensions
- 2-ounce weight
- 5-year warranty
barkOutfitters Cat Slicker Brush Review
Cat slicker brushes are not much different when comparing one to another. All of these brushes are designed to pick up loose hair associated with shedding, but the benefits don’t stop there. Slicker brushes are a must-have if you have a cat.
Professional quality, barkOutfitters offers a 100% guarantee when you purchase their brushes, and $1 of every purchase goes to support no-kill shelters.
Strong and durable bristles work to:
- Catch loose hair
- Stimulate circulation
- Provide a shiny coat
Slicker brushes are not painful to the cat, and most cats will purr and want to be brushed more often thanks to the brush’s design. When it comes to brushing your cat’s fur, do it with the hair growth to remove the hair.
The first few times you use a slicker brush, you’ll find that the brush quickly fills with hair.
A quick-eject button on the brush itself allows you to remove fur in seconds so that you can spend more time brushing and less time trying to remove hair from your brush. It’s an easy way to make sure your cat’s shedding doesn’t make your home or clothes unsightly.
When you depress the quick-eject button, the stainless-steel pins will extend allowing you to remove the hair quickly. Stainless steel is also rust-resistant and durable, so you never have to worry about the pins breaking.
When you use this brush, you’ll also notice that the handle fits nicely in your hands. Soft and ergonomic, the brush will fit in your hand and won’t slide. This means you can apply some pressure when brushing and not have to worry about losing your grip in the process.
Un-breakable in design, you can use this brush for years without worrying that you’ll need to buy a replacement in the future.
The company is so confident in their design that they offer:
- 5-year guarantee. If you have any issues with the brush or it breaks, you can return it for a replacement. Also, if the brush doesn’t meet your requirements or expectations, you can request a full refund.
You won’t find many cat slicker brushes that will back their product with a long guarantee like this one. It’s a brush that you can start using today and expect it to last for the next five years. When looking at the price, this is an investment that costs less than $3 a year if the brush lasts five years.
It’s an amazing deal.
Bristles are sharp and will catch the cat’s fur easily, so keep this in mind when brushing.
- Quick-eject button allows you to remove cat hair rapidly
- Long, 5-year guarantee provides a safeguard for your investment
- Eliminates up to 90% of shedding compared to 30%
- Designed for a cat but can be used on dogs and even rabbits
- Bristles are sharp and can hurt your animal if you brush too hard
Stainless-steel bristles can cause scratches or cuts to the animal’s skin, and this is a concern only if you push too hard. While this is very hard to do, it is possible that the bristles can scratch your cat. I recommend going nice and slow and being gentle when using the brush.
barkOutfitters Cat Slicker Brush Questions and Answers
Consumers have a lot of questions when they go to buy a slicker brush, and a few of the questions that have been answered, include:
- Do the bristles ever get bent? A great question. The stainless-steel bristles can get bent in theory, but no one has ever had the problem. The reason that this brush’s bristles don’t get bent is because they’re short in size. Extending and retracting is always easy thanks to the short bristles, so it’s not a concern.
- Would this model work on a dog or bunny? Many users state that the brush can be used on smaller dogs and even bunnies without an issue. The company also sells a brush that’s been specifically designed for dogs, but if you have a smaller dog, there’s no reason to buy a new brush. Save your money for toys or another grooming device.
- What’s the actual size of the brushing area? The brushing area spans 3 inches by 1-and-a-half inches in length. This is the perfect span to help brush through a cat’s coat without worrying about having to make more passes because your brush is too small for the cat’s back.
- Are the bristles plastic? The bristles have been designed to last, and this means that they’ve been made with high-quality stainless-steel.
You’ll find that barkOutfitters’ brush is highly rated, and people from across the world have had great success using it to reduce the number of hairballs their cats have, too. The brush will pick up most, if not all, of your cat’s loose hair.
Note: Cats clean themselves daily, and while they do an amazing job at staying clean, their digestive system can only handle the hair for so long. When your cat is young, the hair isn’t an issue, but as they age, the hair will start to cause hair balls because your cat can’t digest the hair as efficiently. Brushing often will reduce hairballs and allow your cat to be free from hairballs.
barkOutfitters cat slicker brush eliminates cat hair more efficiently and effectively than competing brushes. Durable, well-made and offering a 5-year guarantee, this is a bristle brush that you can rely on for years to come.